Monday, April 12, 2010

Sometimes bullies just need a little straight talk


Great story from Karen Gilkison from Alliance Insurance:

After decades in the property and casualty insurance agency business, I had a client I had to fire after years of her abusive behavior. I finally told her in the middle of one of her rants that I was certain that XYZ Agency downtown would be happy to have her business and I KNEW FOR SURE I'd be happy if she had her business there. The most surprising thing happened.......not only did she stop complaining but she became one of the most pleasant clients I had from that day on.


What a wonderful turn around story. Sometimes our customers just need to know we are listening and that we are capable of standing up for ourselves. Karen stood up and didn't allow the abuse to continue. The result: probably one of the most loyal customers ever!

Thanks for sharing, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment